- Are you looking to earn some extra money? Do you love soccer and want to get paid to watch it? Become a referee!
- The spring Capital District New Referee Courses are now posted and open for registration and McFarland will be hosting a new referee clinic Sunday March 3rd from 8 am-5 pm at William McFarland Park in the new concession building but please keep in mind this class is limited to the first 25 students!
- Coaches, parents, players, siblings and community members are invited to earn a USSF Referee Badge.
- The minimum age requirement to complete the course is at least 12 years-old by the in-class date.
- More information is available at www.masru.org under "Training.” There is prerequisite online training and a one-day classroom session.
There are several steps that each Referee Candidate will need accomplish before attending the course:
- REGISTER FOR THE COURSE: A registration walk-through is available under the Training tab at www.masru.org. Online payment is required using a credit or debit card at the time of registration. Begin by creating your referee account following this link: https://www.gameofficials.net/login.cfm?doLogout=true
- SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE PREREQUISITE ONLINE TRAINING: Complete the online training (estimated at 8 hours) BEFORE attending the course. The online training can only be access after registration. Instructions for accessing the online training are available in the course details.
- PURCHASE SOME BASIC REFEREE EQUIPMENT: Bring the referee equipment listed in the course details to use during our practice sessions at the course. More information is available at www.masru.org under "Training.”
- STUDY FOR THE REFEREE EXAM: The Referee Exam requires a minimum score of 80% and will be administered at the course. The Referee Exam resources are available at www.masru.org under "Resources."
More details are available at www.masru.org under "Training." If you have any other questions or concerns please contact the instructor Brandon Wachholz.